Click here for a copy of the application in pdf format
The Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship recognizes academic achievements and leadership potential in students whose parent(s), sibling(s) or grandparent(s) is a Ferris State University Alumna(us). For purposes of this scholarship, an alumna(us) is defined as someone who attended Ferris State and received a certificate or diploma.
Scholarship Amount and Duration:
The scholarship is a one-time award that can be up to $2,000 and will be presented in two equal increments for two consecutive semesters. The student must be enrolled full-time and be making satisfactory degree progress.
Conditions of Eligibility:
To be considered for this competitive scholarship a student must:
Important dates for the 2014-2015 academic year:
- Be the child, sibling or grandchild of a Ferris Alumna(us).
- Have a 2.75 cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of two full-time semesters. Please note:
- Students seeking an associate degree must have completed 30 hours at the end of spring semester.
- Students seeking a bachelor's degree must have completed 56 hours at the end of spring semester.
- Preference will be give to students in their final year at FSU.
- Submit this application including an essay describing personal career goals and the role a Ferris State degree will play in the achievement of these goals.
- Submit a letter from the Ferris State University alumna(us) parent describing the effect their educational experiences at Ferris had on their life or professional career.
- Submit the attached recommendation by a Ferris Faculty or Staff person.
- Have not received this scholarship award previously.
Please forward your completed application including your essay, your parent’s, sibling's or grandparent's letter and your faculty/staff recommendation form to:
- Application posted online: Mid to late January
- May 2, 2014 – Application deadline.
- July 2014 – Scholarship recipients are selected and announced.
- September 2014 - Legacy Luncheon honoring recipients.
Ferris State University
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
1201 S. State St
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2020