Parent and Alumni Recruitment EffortsPurpose Statement
The Parents and Alumni Working with Students network is designed to give alumni and parents the opportunity to assist the University with student recruitment and the admissions program. This network allows parents and alumni to reach out to and personally contact prospective prospective or newly admitted students. Many students make their choice of a university based on the influence of someone connected to that institution. Make a difference in a young person's life today by sharing your Ferris experience with them!
PAWS representatives assist the University in their recruiting efforts by:
- Attending local college and career fairs
- Acting as a resource for local high schools
- "Adopting" an admissions officer when they are visiting your area
- Hosting local receptions for prospective and admitted students
- Representing Ferris at local high school scholarship awards presentations
- Assist with building a regional network of recruiters
- Identifying students to receive recruiting material through local media resources
- And more!
How to get involved
Please contact Angie Mishler, PAWS program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to become a PAWS representative. The PAWS Network Online Community is a valuable tool for our members. Training materials are available as well as an updated schedule of college fairs for your area. To join the PAWS Community, simply join the Online Community by clicking on "First Time Login" to the upper left of the screen. You will need your Constituent ID, which is the number above your name on the Crimson and Gold magazine. If you do not have a magazine available, you can contact the site manager to obtain your id at email@example.com.